This is a very simple and basic Chocolate Cake recipe but insanely moist, soft and delicious. Hope you will love it.
- Egg - 2
- Powdered sugar - 1 1/2 cups
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Oil - 3/4 cup
- Plain Flour - 1 1/2 cups
- Baking powder - 1 tsp baking powder
- Cocoa powder - 1/2 cup mixed in 1 cup warm water
- Beat eggs till its fluffy.
- Add sugar one spoon by spoon so that no lumps formed. Beat till it gets fluffy and double in size.
- Add vanilla essence, give a good stir.
- Pour oil, stir till its well combined.
- Add half of flour, 1 spoon by spoon. Once its mixed well pour half of cocoa water, combine it well with folding method for better result.
- Add in rest of flour spoon by spoon and then rest of cocoa water. Stir it well.
- Grease baking pan with oil and dust it with flour or spread butter paper/baking sheet. Preheat and bake in 180°C for 40 mins.
- First I'll measure the sugar then I used to powder it. So sweetness may vary if you directly measure 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar.
- Always sift flour with baking powder for 3 times, this will add air which makes the cake lighter, breaks up lumps, and removes foreign particles if any.
- Also mix cocoa powder in warm water unless no lump is seen and keep it aside before you start the process.
- Make sure not to mix the batter too much from 'Step 5'. This will incorporate too much of air into the mixture also it'll result in extra gluten development which means the texture can be gummy or unpleasantly chewy.
- For making cupcakes, pour the batter in cupcake molds and bake it in 180°C for 20 mins.