A must try if you are a pasta lover.
It's baked crispy cheese layer on top is simply awesome and mouth-watering.
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
- Garlic - 2 tsp (crushed)
- Chicken - 250gm (cut into small strips)
- Mushroom - 200gm (cut into thin slices)
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Pepper Powder - 1 1/2 tsp
- Basil leaves - a bunch (nearly 1-2tbsp)
- Capsicum - 1 small
- Dried Oregano - 1 tsp
- Chilly Flakes - 1 tsp
- Butter - 2 tsp
- Milk - 1 cup
- Parmesan cheese - 1/4 cup approx.
- Mozzarella cheese - 1/4 cup approx.
For Cooking Pasta :
- Water - as required for boiling/cooking macaroni
- Macaroni - 2 cup
- Salt - 1 1/2 tsp
1. Heat pan and pour olive oil. Add crushed garlic to it and sauté it for like 2 mins, don't fry it.
2. Add washed and drained chicken strips. Cook it.
3. Once chicken is cooked add sliced mushrooms, 1/2 tsp of salt, pepper powder. Mix well.
4. Once mushroom is half cooked add basil leaves, capsicum and 1 more tsp of pepper powder. Cook till water is completely dried and mushroom is fried.
5. Once its fried add butter and mix well.
Note : Here I have used salted butter with 'mixed herbs' flavor, it's optional. You can use unsalted cooking butter or normal salted butter.
6. Pour in milk and add chilly flakes, Oregano for flavor. Mix it well. Once boiled remove from heat.
Note : You can use the normal dried oregano and chilly flakes. Here I have used Dominos seasonings as it was available and I like that additional flavor to it 😛
7. For cooking pasta(macaroni), in another bowl boil water and add macaroni(when lil bubble is seen). Make sure to stir in between else macaroni will stick to bottom.
8. Add 1 1/2 tsp of salt when macaroni is half cooked. Keep stirring in between. Drain macaroni once it's cooked well.
9. Heat up the cooked chicken-mushroom mix and add drained macaroni to it. Mix it well.
10. Add in 1 tbsp of grated parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Give it a stir.
11. Pre-heat oven to 180 °C/256 °F. Transfer cooked pasta to a baking pan then top it with 1/4 cup of grated Mozzarella and 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese. Bake it for 10 mins.
12. After 10 mins, turn the heat setting to top(heat only comes from top rode). Sprinkle a bit of dried oregano, basil and chilly flakes and bake it for 10 more mins. We will know it's ready once the top turns to golden brown. Serve it hot ^_^