A very easy, creamy and a rich flavored pasta with homemade pesto sauce.
For Pesto Sauce :
- Basil Leaves : 1 ½ cups
- Garlic : 8
- Cashews : ¼ cup (approx. 20)
- Olive Oil : ¼ cup + 1 tbsp
- Parmesan cheese : 2 tbsp (grated)
- Salt : 1 tsp
- Peppercorns : 1 tbsp
- Green Chilly : 5 nos
For Fusilli :
- Olive Oil : 2 tbsp
- Prawns : 20 nos (medium to small)
- Butter : 2 tsp
- Garlic : 5 (finely chopped, approx. 1 tbsp)
- Broccoli : ½ cup
- Cherry Tomato : 10 nos
- Black Olives : 1 tbsp
- Pesto Sauce : ½ cup (approx. 5-6 tbsp)
- Fresh Cream : 4 tbsp
- Pepper Powder : 1 tsp
- Salt : a pinch
- Fusilli : 2 ½ cups
- Parmesan cheese : for garnish (approx. 1 tbsp)
1. In a mixer grinder add basil leaves, garlic, cashews, peppercorns, green chillies, olive oil, salt and Parmesan cheese. Give a stir then grind it till it become a paste.
2. Check in between if it is done or not.
Note : Initially i poured 1/4 cup of olive oil but since i didn't get paste consistency i had to add 1 more tbsp of olive oil and added 2 more chillies as spice was less. So total of 5 chillies i have used.
3. Grind till you get paste consistency.
4. In a non stick pan pour olive oil.
5. Add washed and drained prawns.
Note : You can take out the tail. It's up-to personal choice.
6. Flip it when one side is cooked, till it turns to orange/golden in color. It'll take 3-4 mins max.
7. Once it's cooked on both sides, add in butter. melt it and give it a stir.
8. Move Prawns to one side then add finely chopped garlic. Saute till the raw smell is gone then mix it all together.
9. Add Broccoli and give it a stir.
10. Add cherry tomatoes once broccoli is cooked.
11. Next add in sliced black olives. Give a stir.
12. Add the prepared pesto sauce. Mix it well.
13. Once its well combined, pour fresh cream.
Note : In addition to fresh cream i added ¼ cup of water as i felt the gravy is a bit too thick. This is optional.
14. Add pepper powder, give a stir. Once the sauce is mixed and well combined it'll look like this. This is when we are ready to add in cooked paste.
15. Add cooked Fusilli. You can use Penne/Macaroni/Spaghetti or any choice of pasta.
Note : For cooking pasta, Boil water. Add salt then add in Fusilli and cook while stirring it in between. So that it won't stick to bottom or to each other. Drain and wash it with cold water.
16. Mix and combine it well. Cook till the sauce is thickened and well coated.
17. Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese and serve it hot.