What if we can have a healthy version of pizza? yup, it's gluten free, low carb and keto friendly, no flour at all. This Pizza crust/base is a blend of cauliflower florets, egg, cheese and few herbs/spices that is flattened and baked into golden crust 😉
- Grated Cauliflower Florets - 5 cups (grated florets from medium cauliflower)
- Grated Parmesan cheese - 1/2 cup
- Grated Mozzarella cheese - 1 cup
- Italian Seasoning - 1 tsp(mix of oregano, basil, parsley)
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Egg - 1 large
For Pizza topping :
- Grated Cheddar cheese - 1/4 cup
- Grated Mozzarella cheese - 1/4 cup
- Fresh Mozzarella - 4 slices cut in round
- Italian herbs - as required
- Minced Beef and shredded chicken - as required
- Homemade pizza sauce - as required
1. In a bowl, mix chopped onions, yellow capsicum, red capsicum, green capsicum, olive oil, pepper powder, salt and Italian seasoning. Keep it aside.
2. Wash and dry cauliflower florets on kitchen towel.
3. Once it's dried, grate cauliflower florets in a food processor or using a grater.
4. Transfer it to a bowl, microwave for 5 minutes or until soft.
5. Let it cool then transfer it to a towel and wring out as much moisture as possible. From below picture you could see how much water was squeezed out. Discard that water and transfer cauliflower to a bowl.
6. Add grated Parmesan, Mozzarella cheese, salt, Italian herbs and beaten egg. Mix well and make a dough like mixture. Divide it into 2 portions.
7. Take one portion of the cauliflower mixture and place it on parchment paper. Press it to thin layer, nearly a 10-inch round shape. Do the same with other half portion as well. We will be able to make 2 pizza crust with this recipe.
8. Pre-heat oven to 200 °C /425 °F.
Transfer the parchment paper to a wired rack for baking. Bake it in preheated oven for 20 mins, until it turns into golden brown.
9. Once it's done we need to flip and bake the other side as well. For that place another parchment paper on top of the crust, flip it(be careful as it'll be very hot). Keep it back in oven and bake for 20 mins, till it turns golden brown.
10. It'll look like below once both sides are done baking.
11. Now lets start with toppings. Spread pizza sauce on the crust, followed by minced beef, mix of grated cheddar and mozzarella cheese, marinated veggies(which we kept it aside in Step 1). Sprinkle a bit of Italian herbs & chilly flakes as well. Bake it on preheated oven(200 °C /425 °F) for 10 mins, until cheese melts.
Note : You can use toppings of your choice but make sure to minimize the quantity of toppings as the crust is very thin and too much topping can make the crust soggy. Here I have used homemade pizza sauce. And for one crust I used beef as main topping and for other crust I used combination of chicken & beef.
12. For the second crust, spread homemade pizza sauce, put cooked chicken strips on right side and cooked minced beef on left side. Place slices of fresh Mozzarella cheese, then grated cheddar cheese, place marinated veggies on top(from Step 1). Bake it for 10 mins.
Note : Personally I just love fresh mozzarella than the frozen/packed mozzarella cheese. Do use fresh mozzarella if it is available.
13. Your cauliflower crust pizza is ready. Serve and eat while it is hot else the crust might get soggy.