- Cinnamon - 1 stick
- Cardamon - 3
- Cloves - 3
- Onion - 1 medium
- Tomato - 4 medium
- Ginger-Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
- Jeera Rice or Basmati Rice - 1/2 cup
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Chilly Powder - 1tsp
- Salt - as required
- Cilantro/Coriander leaves - a bunch
- Water - 1 cup
1. Keep pressure cooker on stove, pour oil in it and then add Cinnamon, Cloves, Cardamon. Wait till the spices pop a bit.
2. Add chopped onion and saute till it's light brown in color.
3. Add ginger-garlic paste. Reduce the flame and saute till the raw smell is gone.
4. Add turmeric, chilly powder and then chopped tomatoes in it. mix well.
5. Once tomatoes are well cooked add cilantro/coriander leaves in it. Mix well.
6. Add washed rice and required water (the ratio would be 1:2, if rice is 1 cup then 2 cups of water).
7. Add salt as required, mix well and close pressure cooker.
8. Cook it till 5 whistle. Once its done reduce from stove and let it sit for 10-15mins.
9. Serve it with Raita(best combo).